... We should all experience these immersions in reality, and we would surely stop generating conflicts over economic, political or sporting situations.
Medical cooperation in Cameroon 2021
Almost two years after the first campaign, our team of experts has been able to repeat the experience as volunteer surgeons in the city of Dschang, Cameroon.
On this occasion, they attended to the patients of the Notre Dame de la Sante Hospital run by our dear nuns “Servants of Mary”.
Thanks to the generosity of our partner hospitals, our team was able to bring more than 300 kg of hospital supplies to this needy centre and improve the lives of many people.
After a 30-hour journey, the hospital staff was warmly welcoming our team with open arms.
After an intense week of work at the hospital, our team saw more than 100 patients in consultation and performed 25 surgical interventions, including cystectomies, nephrectomies, radical prostatectomies and paediatric urological surgery.
Training programmes in urology have been initiated for medical, nursing and auxiliary staff so that between our campaigns, the hospital can become increasingly independent in the field of urology. The urological medical records have also been computerised to enable consultation between Lyx and the hospital
• Dr. Juan I. Martínez-Salamanca.
• Dr. Claudio Martínez-Ballesteros.
• Dr. Diego Rengifo Abbad.
• Dr. Carlos Balmori Boticario.
• Dr. Eduardo Llamazares Cobo
• Jonathan Olmedo Amarilla
• To Reyes Altamir, coordinator of Medical Missions, for her great help
• To Prof. Aurelio Uson, leading figure in Spanish Urology and his family, Patricia Uson Jaeger and Aurelio Uson Jaeger, for their enormous generosity.
• To Dr. Ignacio Pereira who was head of the Hospital La Princesa in Madrid, a great urologist and a better person for the donation of material.