Andrology and Reconstructive. Surgery Fellowship
Dr. Juan Ignacio Martínez-Salamanca
Urologist. Puerta de Hierro Majadahonda University Hospital
Dr. Agustín Fraile
Urologist. Ramón y Cajal University Hospital
Dr. Esaú Fernández- Pascual
Urologist. La Paz Hospital University
Dr. Javier Angulo Frutos
Biological Sciences Doctor specialised in Research. Ramón y Cajal Institute of Health Sciences
Dr. Eugenio Cerezo
Doppler ultrasound specialist in male reproductive system
- Acquisition of basic general and clinical knowledge in Peyronie’s Disease (PD) and Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, Follow-up, etc.
- Use of Doppler Ultrasound in the diagnosis of PD and ED (live and practical cases).
- Peyronie’s Disease Unit: how we manage patients in real clinical practice.
- Different protocols for the injection of collagenase.
- Practical training in the collagenase injection technique.
- Clinical case scenario for simple and complex cases.
- Surgical management (plication, graft and prosthesis) of PD: Current techniques and results.
- Application of Li-ESWT (low intensity shock waves) for EP and DE (live and practical cases).
- Basic science and translational research in PD and ED: visit to Dr. Angulo’s laboratory.
- Possibility (upon request) of a cadaver laboratory with PD and ED surgery practice (Universidad Francisco de Vitoria).
- Lyx Medical Surgical Centre.
- Puerta de Hierro Majadahonda University Hospital.
- La Paz Hospital University.
- Ramón y Cajal University Hospital.
- Ramón y Cajal Institute of Health Sciences.
OPTIONAL COMPLEMENTARY TRAINING:
- Cadaveric Practise. Francisco de Vitoria University
- 6 months max
- Have completed a formal urology residency (In Spain or in another country).
- High level of Spanish or English.
- Submit an application letter, explaining your interest in the urological sub-specialty area.
- Submit Curriculum Vitae detailing experience in the area of interest.
- Submit a letter of recommendation.
It will be the applicant’s responsibility to process a visa if needed.
If you are interested in participating in our program of clinical stays, on Andrology and reconstructive surgery, contact us through the following form to receive more information